Monday, June 15, 2009

Up and at 'em

We enjoyed an inspiring visit with friends who had traveled circuitously to STL from Maine this past weekend, punctuating road travel with overnight stays in the homes of old friends. They were here with their beautiful 6-month-old for two days/nights of lovely ambling, eating, drinking and conversing. These friends are impassioned academics who spoke so eloquently of their respective work endeavors that, after saying goodbye to them this morning, I found myself feeling less-than satisfied with my own current work/life situation.
I have a great husband. We have two beautiful children who are awesome. And I do work that I’ve found incredibly satisfying. But I’ve just kind of sunk into the easiness of my job now. Complacency – ick.
So I have two new challenges for myself:
1 Get the bikes ready for the summer. The longest day of the year is 8 days away.
2 Do something professionally enriching while outside of work ONCE A WEEK. And then try to share it with coworkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment